Remove All Doubt
Saturday, May 3
 
The link below is to a Newsweek story about William Bennett's gambling practices.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/908430.asp?cp1=1

This appears to be nothing but an overt slam piece. What on earth is newsworthy about this to make a "news" magazine like Newsweek. Perhaps a blurb in the "Personality Parade" section of the Post. Or even better a feature story in the National Inquirer. But Newsweek is simply out to do damage to a highly respected conservative commentator.

Here is the key quote from Bennett himself: “I play fairly high stakes. I adhere to the law. I don’t play the ‘milk money.’ I don’t put my family at risk, and I don’t owe anyone anything,” Bennett says. The documents do not contradict those points.

Notice the snide comment from the Newsweek author using the double negative instead of the confirming that the documents "support" Bennett's statement.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger