Remove All Doubt
Friday, May 2
 
The tide seems to be turning some on school vouchers, with Mayor Anthony Williams endorsing vouchers in D.C. Vouchers in general are an idea I tenatively support, and experimenting with vouchers is an idea I strongly support. What I don't understand about the debate is where all the opposition comes from. Even if we assume that vouchers are clearly a poor policy, the policy wonks alone don't seem strong enough to fight off all the parents from rich suburbs and poor inner cities who strongly support choice for their child. Those folks are pretty passonate about their position, I would guess. I understand the teachers unions are against vouchers, but do they really have that much weight? Its curious. Any insight would be appreciated.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger