Remove All Doubt
Wednesday, August 20
 
About time.
Ashcroft Talks Up the Patriot Act

In the first of more than a dozen speeches that he is planning over the next month, Ashcroft characterized the Patriot Act as an incremental but crucial tool in helping the Justice Department root out terrorists and prevent additional attacks.
I don't claim to understand everything about the Patriot Act, but the sky is falling crowd (that means you, ACLU. And you, Al Gore. And you, Howard Dean) lost most of its credibility after I read an article by Orwin Kerr (of Volokh Conspiracy fame) on the Patriot Act and internet surveillance. To convince me that the Patriot Act is bad news, I'll now need more than empty platidudes about civil rights. What have you guys got?

I'm glad the Attorney General is out there talking about this. I think a debate on the issue is one he'll win.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger