Remove All Doubt
Thursday, October 2
 
Fixing Ideology With Biography, aka They Keep Pulling Me Back In, Part Duex

Once again, the New Republic defeats my plan to cancel my subscription with an insightful argument:
Democrats know that most Americans don't trust the party to keep them safe. But they deny that this distrust has anything to do with prevailing Democratic ideology. The party, they reassure themselves, merely needs a tougher image.
Thus, they argue, the rise of Wesley Clark, whose resume, some Democrats seem to hope, will cover for the left's anti-war policies. The problem with this strategy, both for TNR and for me, is that a resume cannot secure borders, arrest terrorists, or rebuild the Middle East. That takes commitment. That's why there is no doubt who I'll be voting for, and, when the rubber meet the road in November, I'm betting most Americans will agree with me.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger