Remove All Doubt
Friday, October 17
 
Let the nerd wrestling begin

I recently got the Pocket World in Figures 2004 from the most interesting weekly news magazine in the world (I am trying to maintian inter-blog peace here and not challenge too overtly Tom's repeated claim that this is the most interesting magazine in the world). It is an absolute trove of absurdly trivial but interesting information, and I keep flipping through it while I should be doing something else. For example, by opening the book three times at random, I learn:

1. Gabon has the highest percentage of its land devoted to forests (87%); Oman the least (0%);

2. There are 14 people per square kilometer in New Zealand; and

3. The lowest male life expectancy is in Lesotho (32.3 years); the highest is Andora (80.6 years).

I need to throw this thing away.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger