Remove All Doubt
Thursday, October 23
 
My head is spinning. There is nothing I like more than a good deep philosophic discussion. I sometimes fantasize about returning to school for a PhD in Philosophy. To my delight, two years ago I was assigned by my Dept. Chair to create a curriculum for a semester long high school philosophy course. I'm now in my third semester of teaching (and loving) it.

I also participate in a program run by our State Dept. to share our (US) method of teaching civics with former Soviet republics. After years of totalitarian government, they have no idea how to teach about democracy or even do things as simpe as run a student council/gov't. So I am paired up with two Georgians and after a week (that is today) they have expressed their desire to have me help them write a philosophy text for all Georgian students to use. Apparently they are influential enough to make this happen. The mere thought of it makes me as gleefull as a five-year-old on Christmas morning.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger