Remove All Doubt
Tuesday, November 25
 
Life is GOOD: Arsenal 5 - 1 Inter Milan

On an entirely personal note, I am flying high because Arsenal, the world's greatest soccer team, thrashed Inter Milan 5-1 in Milan in first round Champions League play. This leaves Arsenal a chance to advcance if they can do the business next week. See a breathless match report from Arseweb, the top Arsenal blog, here and a more objective version from Soccernet, a solid soccer site, here.

But the best part for me is that it was on espn2, so I was able to watch it tonight, wearing my Arsenal jersey and scarf (I even convinced the long-suffering Mrs. MSR to wear my other scarf). I only get to see them about three times a year or so, and usually I have to get up early and go to Summers in Arlington and watch while eating breakfast. Somehow, the fact that I hardly ever get to see them actually increases my passion for the team, and makes the off espn2 game a true treat. And when they give me a performance like this, it's almost too much. Life truly is beautiful.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger