Remove All Doubt
Monday, January 26
 
Who would have thunk it?

The most interesting magazine in the world comes through again with a remarkably interesting defense of Dr. Laura.
To a person, just about, my friends are liberals, and when I try to talk to them about Dr. Laura, they think I've gone completely cuckoo. I took her first book on a family vacation a few years back, and my father read it one night and then sat me down for a very serious and disappointed discussion about my declining literary and political tastes. But none of my loved ones, if they could tease Laura's central argument about children and marriage from the tissue of arrogance and crackpot harangue in which it is embedded, would disagree with it in the least.
This kind of unique stuff is what makes the Atlantic so good.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger