Remove All Doubt
Friday, April 2
 
What's in a name? Lots.

In July, the RAD family will be one larger, as Mrs. MSR gives birth to Baby MSR. We have names picked out already (though were keeping them secret). But for those of you less certain of baby names, I recommend the snarkiest web site in the universe: the baby names section at Not Without My Handbag. The author has collected real messages from various baby naming message boards, and she provides her own teriffic commentary. Some of my favorites:

*if i had a little girl i would name her Catatonia Calliope. catatonia meaning catatonic or in a coma and calliope meaning beautiful voice. i know its a tad odd but i like it!

See it means she has a beautiful voice. With no brain activity. And drools and needs a catheter. And is played at circuses!

* I love the name Meloncholia Francessca Antouinette for a girl and Zakeri Atruellu for a boy, but my family and spouse ablosute hate it.

I don't know what his problem is. How can he be made sad by a perky name like Meloncholia?
Check it out - it's worth the time.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger