Remove All Doubt
Wednesday, October 20
 
Live Blogging Grading, Part deux
8:25 – Back at it.

9:06 – Five down. More coffee.

9:13 – Grading should be done in the evening. Then one’s desire to have a Manhattan makes one feel less like an alcoholic.

9:21 – Everything by Clifford Brown makes the top 10 songs to grade to. MAN did that dude swing.

Makes me think of Miles Davis’s said about Wynton Marsalis: “Aw, he ain’t doing nuthin’ Clifford didn’t do 30 years ago.”

9:49 – Six Down. More coffee.

9:55 – Turns out the $3.00 coffee from Harris Teeter is not as good as the $7.00 coffee from the gourmet coffee shop. Not even close.

It’s still got caffeine, though. Thank goodness.

2:05 – College kids today LOVE the word “hegemony.” I don’t think I even knew what that meant back in the stone ages when I was at school.

2:35 – FINISHED . . . with short answers. More coffee.

3:30 – Matching graded. Wow, easy compared to short answer. Love those letters. Now off to class.

5:00 – Hmmmm. No grading gnomes came by. Bummer. On to the essay.

11:20 – ugh. Still at it. 1 and ½ of the four essays done. Gordon Lightfoot is the best of the vocalists to grade to.

12:32 – Time for a Manhattan.

12:34 – Mmmmmmm. Good. A’s for everyone!!!!

2:30 – To bed. I’m in the short rows, though. 1 essay left. 40 or so to go. But now, sleep.

7:16 – Have I slept at all? Has the world stopped turning ? How can I still be doing this? My kingdom for a grading gnome!!!!

10:02 – If you can imagine the NFL Voice guy narrating a huge win with the Alleluia Chorus going on in the background, you have some idea of how I feel. Is it too early for drinks?

Comments:
Hilarious. I might have to do that on my next grading marathon...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger